btn previous

Police FAQs

Does the Elon Police Dept have a Ride Along Program?

Yes, and we encourage our citizens to ride with us to get a better understanding of our job. Citizens 18 or older may request to ride during the hours of 8 am until midnight by completing an application available from the Elon Police Dept.


How can I arrange to have a Child Safety Seat Technician assist me in installing my new car seat?

Contact Officer Mike Brewer of the Elon Police Dept at 336-584-1301.


How can I get a copy of my criminal history?

You can get a complete criminal history by going to the Alamance County Clerk of Court at 212 W. Elm St, Graham, NC. The telephone number is 336-438-1001.


How can I get a crime prevention or other related police presentation for my group, school or organization?

All Elon Police Officers conduct various programs and presentations. To coordinate a program, call Lt. ring Monday through Friday, 8am to 5 pm at 336-584-1301.


How can I get an Elon Police Department patch?

The Elon Police Department does not send out patches to persons other than law enforcement officers. If you are a law enforcement officer and wish a department patch, submit your request in writing on the letterhead of your agency.


How can someone report speeders on their street or request additional traffic monitoring?

Please call the Elon Police Department at 336-584-1301.


How do I compliment or complain about an Elon Police Dept officer/department employee and/or police service?

You may complete a form on-line through a link on this website or you may call the officer's supervisor at 336-584-1301. You may contact Chief Lovette at 336-584-1301 Monday through Friday, between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm.


How do I file a police report?

It is appropriate to call 911 for calls that involve a crime, accident or incident requiring a uniformed officer to respond. Some reports not requiring an officer response can be taken over the telephone by calling 336-584-1301 during regular business hours.


How do I find out how much a traffic ticket is?

You can find out how much a traffic ticket is by calling the Alamance County Clerk of Court at 336-438-1001.


How do I get a copy of a police report or an accident report?

Copies of offense reports and accident reports are available from the Records Department in the lobby of the police department, 104 S. Williamson Ave., between the hours of 8:30 am until 5:00 pm. You may also access the reports on-line through a link on this website or by accessing and following the directions.


I have discovered the insurance information on the accident report is not valid. What can I do?

You may file against the other driver for no insurance by contacting the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles at 336-570-6811 and complete a complaint from against the other driver. All the information you will need is contained in the accident report.


If I disagree with an officer's traffic accident report, what can I do?

Police officers are traffic accident report takers only. Officers make a determination of the contributing factors in the accident, but they DO NOT determine fault. If you disagree with the final accident report, you should contact the officer directly to discuss your concerns. The officer has the final say in how the report is written. Who pays for damage and other related costs is a matter which must be determined in civil court and/or between insurance companies.


What are the requirements to apply for a position as an Elon Police Officer?

The Elon Police Dept accepts applications on an ongoing basis. Candidates must be at least 21 years old, have a High School Diploma or GED, must be a US citizen, possess a valid NC driver's license, have completed BLET (Basic Law Enforcement Training) in NC and be willing to submit to a thorough background investigation, physical examination including drug screening and a psychological examination.


Where can I get information about applying with the Elon Police Department?

You may pick up an application packet at the Elon Police Department at 104 S. Williamson Ave., Elon or call the Administrative Assistant at 336-584-1301.


Who do I call to see if I have any outstanding warrants?

If you believe you may have a warrant issued against you, you should call the Alamance County Clerk of Court at 336-438-1001. If you believe you may have a warrant issued against you by an officer of the Elon Police Dept, you should call 336-584-1301


Who do I call to see if someone is in jail?

The Elon Police Dept does not have a jail. All prisoners are housed at the Alamance County Jail at 109 S. Maple Ave, Graham, NC. The telephone number is 336-570-6317.


Who should I contact for the status of my incident report?

Contact the officer that completed the report or the Administrative Assistant, Kristy Tucker at 336-584-1301 to find out to whom the case has been assigned.


end faq